A Different Kind of Affiliate Program
By creating a web site focused on skill and technique rather than recipes, Rouxbe has created a very different type of cooking web site. So it should be no surprise that we’ve also created a very different kind of Affiliate program.
- One that complements your content rather than competes with it.
- One that improves your readers’ experience rather than detracts from it.
- One that keeps readers engaged on your site, rather than sending them to an advertisers site.
And one that gives you the potential to earn real money even if you don’t have millions of users.
Benefits of the Rouxbe Affiliate Program
- Instantly add premium instructional video to your blog or website . Only Rouxbe Affiliates have access to the Rouxbe Cooking School Widget, which automatically maps every recipe on your site to more than 1,000 instructional cooking videos and then displays the best matches below each recipe (or, you can choose the specific videos that are displayed). Your readers get 5 free views and then will be offered a free trial to Rouxbe.
- Create a new source of revenue (not advertising) . As a Rouxbe Affiliate, we’ll share 15% of all tuition fees paid by new students you refer. Unlike ad-driven affiliate programs, you don’t need millions of readers to earn real money – just readers who love to cook and want to cook even better.
- Attract new readers to your blog or website . Affiliates get priority when Rouxbe instructors review recipes to recommend to our students. Links to selected recipes will appear in the relevant Rouxbe class(es) and also in our Curated Recipe Gallery.
- Keep your readers engaged with your site rather than an advertiser's . Because readers view Rouxbe instructional videos without leaving your site, they remain engaged with your content. By contrast, ad-driven affiliate programs succeed when users click to leave your site.
- Reduced fees for Affiliates to join the Rouxbe Cooking School . We think you’re going to enjoy Rouxbe as much as your readers do, so we’ve created special pricing for Rouxbe affiliates. When you are approved as an Affiliates you’ll automatically receive complimentary 30-day unlimited access. Afterwards, you are eligible to purchase one year unlimited access for $149.95 (sold for $299.95 on Rouxbe).
Who Can Become an Affiliate?
To become a Rouxbe Affiliate you don’t have to be the biggest food blog or website in the world, but you do have to care about the quality of your content and your readers’ experience on your site. Current Rouxbe Affiliates span everything from the world’s biggest recipe site, to a James Beard Award-winning training organization, to some of the best food blogs you’ve never heard of.
How Much Can Affiliates Earn?
Rouxbe shares 15% of tuition fees with its Affiliates. Because Rouxbe earns revenue from student fees rather than ads, the quality of your readers is much more important than the quantity. Below is an example of what Affiliates can earn based on our Annual Tuition Plan (note that we will be adding new tuition plans in the near future).
|Tuition Fee ($USD)||Affiliate Commission|
Are There any Costs to Affiliates?
No. There is no signup fee and we’ll take care of video delivery costs.
How Do I Apply?
It takes a couple of minutes to apply to become a Rouxbe Affiliate. Just complete this short form. A Rouxbe staff member will review your application and your blog/site, and get back to you within 48 hours.
Have Additional Questions?
We’ve got answers. Drop a line to Affiliate Coordinator Steve Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a real response from a real (nice) human being.