Rouxbe Community Forums

Tapas-Style Pork Tenderloin

by Dawn T in Rouxbe Recipes

Thin pieces of pan-fried pork tenderloin rest on top of caramelized onions, melted brie cheese and crusty bread.

Comments: 30 Views: 29098 Success: 91%

Heather B

Chicken?

I don't eat pork, but this recipe sounds delicious! Pork is often referred to as "The Other White Meat" so would substituting chicken work?

Kimberley S
Rouxbe Staff

RE: Chicken

Sure, you can certainly give chicken breasts a try as all of these flavors would go well together. Since chicken breasts are smaller than a pork tenderloin, brine them for half the time. Cheers!

Fern V

Tapas style Pork tenderloin

I am hostess to my club and they want appetizers but this is not in my home. I have not served these at room temp or cooler what is your take on this is it workable or do I need to rethink?

Fern Vitense.

Dawn T
Rouxbe Staff

Re: Making Pork Tenderloin Tapas Ahead

Making this dish ahead and serving it room temperature is not recommended as it's the combination of the hot cheese and tender and juicy meat that makes this dish so wonderful. I would rethink it. You may want to just make something else or perhaps see if you could borrow the oven and a burner for last minute cooking. Cheers!

Bernadette J

Pork Tapas Receipe A Winner

This is the first receipe I've tried from Rouxbe and my frist lesson Seasoning with Salt. My husband loved it. It was delish!. Couldn't find the Juniper Berries so I did not include them, still great without them.

You must be a Rouxbe student to ask questions and comment. If you are already a Rouxbe student, please login. Note: Professional certification course students do not have access to this feature. Instead, they have a dedicated Q&A feature built within their accessible course(s). If you'd like access to the content outside of your course, please contact customer service.

Rouxbe Goals

Haven't experienced Rouxbe yet, why not take a free trial to see what the world is talking about.

Rouxbe Students

120,000+ Home cooks that want to learn to cook better (beginner to advanced)
25+ Professional cooking schools as a teaching resource for students
14,000 High school culinary students & their instructors
Training staff from hospitals, grocery stores, hotels & restaurants