This is a middle eastern dip made from roasted pepper and walnut, it's very easy and delicious.
|Comments: 2||Views: 4613||Success: 95%|
User-generated text recipes. Even Rouxbe submits here. Have you submitted?
Made this today and it was really nice. Didn't have time to make the homemade pita, so instead just served it as a dip for a quesadilla...very good.
Just made a few tweaks to the recipe:
1. I only added 1 garlic clove instead of 4 (totally enough for me).
2. I used whole grain bread crumbs (because that's what I had).
3. I used a bit more walnuts...maybe about 2/3rds of a cup.
4. I used 2 tbsp. of pomegranate molasses instead of 2 tsp.
5. I toasted the cumin seeds (maybe you did as well).
6. I used aleppo peppers instead of chili flakes
Also I didn't know how much olive oil to add so I guessed at about 1/4 cup or so.
The recipe was great though...super inspiration. Even better after it has been refrigerated for a few hours. Thanks!
I posted the suggested quantities of course you can always put more of the things you like.
For me I actually used more walnut and panko (although originally they use bread crumbs) and a little but more pomegranate molasses.
Also this is a Syrian version of this dish in Lebanon I heard that they use roast hot peppers with the bell peppers.