Mold on Cheese
Is it alright to just cut of mold on cheese or should it be thrown out if it has gotten to this point?
Thanks in advance!
Introduce yourself, discuss the site and it's features or make a wish for things we can do to help you cook better
If you were to ask my mother, she would say "what are you crazy, if it's not walking itself out of the fridge, it's fine to eat". I can't tell you how many times as a kid I heard her say "oh just cut it off, it's not going to kill you".
With that said, not all cheeses with mold should be eaten. Harder or semi-hard cheeses are generally find though.
For more information on which moldy cheeses you can or cannot eat, you may want to check out this article. Hope this helps. Cheers!
That's an awesome guide to moldy cheese! Since I live alone, and have a cheese obsession, unfortunately the moldy cheese syndrome is a regular problem in my fridge ;) Good to know which ones I don't have to throw out! I hate wasting cheese.