All lessons in the Rice & Grains section:
Rice is the staple food for more than half of the world’s population and is one of the oldest cultivated grains.
In this lesson, we will help you understand the basic anatomy of rice and how it is processed. You will also know how to identify different varieties of rice and how to store rice properly.
In the next lesson, we will teach you the first basic method for cooking rice.
At the end of this cooking school lesson, you will be able to:
- identify the basic anatomy of rice
- explain how rice is processed
- identify a variety of common types of rice
- identify the different characteristics of rice
- understand how to store raw and uncooked rice
- understand how to safely cool and reheat rice
In partnership with:
Northwest Culinary Academy of Vancouver