All lessons in the Meat section:
Prime rib is one of those magical meals that brings everyone to the table. When prime rib is cooked properly, it has a beautiful, aromatic and irresistible crust. Not only does prime rib look beautiful whole, its tender and succulent interior are showcased when sliced and served.
In this lesson, you will learn how to roast prime rib. You will learn how to select the best prime rib and how to properly prepare prime rib for roasting. You will also learn how the temperature in which you choose to cook prime rib at will impact the final outcome. You will learn how to check prime rib for doneness and the importance of resting. Finally, you will learn how to prepare a jus and how to carve prime rib.
At the end of this cooking school lesson, you will be able to:
- identify and select the best prime rib
- prepare a prime rib roast for roasting
- understand how roasting at different temperatures affects the meat
- identify when and how to check prime rib for doneness
- understand how to properly rest a prime rib roast
- prepare a jus to accompany the prime rib roast
- carve a prime rib roast
In partnership with:
Northwest Culinary Academy of Vancouver