All lessons in the Seasoning section:
One of the easiest ways to enhance the flavor of the food you prepare is to add herbs. Whether fresh or dried, you need to know how to use herbs and when to add them during the cooking process.
In this lesson, you will learn about common types of culinary herbs and the difference between delicate and hardy herbs. You will also learn how to buy and store both fresh and dried herbs. Finally, and most importantly, you will learn how to prepare, use and cook with herbs so you can heighten the flavor of the food you are preparing.
At the end of this cooking school lesson, you will be able to:
- understand the difference between delicate and hardy herbs
- identify common types of delicate and hardy herbs
- identify common types of fresh herbs
- properly store both fresh and dried herbs
- prepare herbs for cooking
- understand how to cook with herbs and when to add them to a dish
- understand how to begin to pair herbs with food
In partnership with:
Northwest Culinary Academy of Vancouver