Whisk the eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and oil together. Add the oatmeal, raisins and buttermilk. Mix and set aside for the oatmeal to soften.
In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, nutmeg, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir until the dry ingredients are just incorporated; do not over mix.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (or maple syrup)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 cups buttermilk (or plain yogurt)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 pinches freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt