bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt (1 tsp per liter/quart of water). Add the orzo and cook for 12 to 15 minutes (or according to the package).
While the orzo cooks, finely chop the parsley, mint and green onions. Grate the parmesan and zest the lemon.
When the orzo is ready, strain and add the butter to the hot pot. Add the orzo back to pot, and add the parsley, mint, green onions, parmesan, lemon zest, and the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix and serve immediately.
- sea salt (for the cooking water)
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 cup mint
- 1/2 cup green onions (or chives)
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil