To make the marinade, toast the coriander seeds until fragrant. Finely grind them with the chili flakes and set aside. Peel and roughly chop the ginger and garlic. Finely mince the lemongrass. Add the garlic, ginger and lemongrass to a food processor and purée.
Add the peanuts and pulse a few times. Next, add the green onions and cilantro and pulse again. Add the honey, fish sauce, kecap manis, lime juice, pepper, ground spices and purée. Lastly, add the melted butter and chicken stock. Pulse again and set aside while you prepare the pork.
Note: Soya sauce can be substituted for kecap manis if you cannot find it.
Trim the pork of any silver skin. Cut into bite-sized cubes. Place into a casserole dish, add the marinade and mix. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours, preferably overnight. Soak the wooden skewers in cold water.
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp lemongrass
- 1/2 cup roasted, Spanish peanuts
- 1/3 cup green onions
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup kecap manis (Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup melted, unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin (can substitute with beef, chicken or lamb)