Submissions Guidelines for Curated Recipes
Rouxbe doesn't link to just any recipe from just any recipe publisher. We are picky
Firstly, we look for recipe publishers that really care about the content they create and publish, as illustrated by their carefully-detailed methodology and dedication to testing.
Secondly, we focus on finding valuable practice recipes that match our current Cooking School content. If you submit a recipe that doesn't match our Cooking School content, we likely won't approve it at this time. Sorry.
Lastly, we look for recipes that inspire through exceptional photography. Let's face it - food is very visual; so, to be considered by Rouxbe, you will need to have a beautiful recipe photo to accompany your submission. Recipe photos need to make students drool and want to get into the kitchen!
Recipes must meet or exceed these specifications in order to be considered for curating.
- Recipes must match our lesson content.
- Recipes must be tested and delicious.
- Photos must be well lit & look appetizing.
- No people or hands in photos. Just the food.
- Show close up food photos only.
- Photos greater than 260 by 146 pxs.
- Photos can be .jpg, .png or .gif.
- Photos must not exceed 4 MB.
- Don't submit duplicate submissions.
- Don't submit spam or porn.
- Don't submit photos you don't own or have legal permission to use.
Step 1: Install the Pocket Cooking School Bookmarklet:
Install the Pocket Cooking School bookmarklet on your browser. For instructions, click here .
Step 2: Map Your Recipe
Map your recipe to our Cooking School content to see if you have a good match. Simply copy and paste your entire recipe (including title, description, ingredients and all of the method) and click on the Pocket Cooking School bookmarklet that you installed on your browser’s toolbar. That’s it! The related techniques will be returned to you
- It's best to do this directly from the unique URL on your site where the recipe is posted.
- Be sure to include the H1 title in order to best rank the relevancy of the results.
When highlighting your recipe, it's best to do this directly from the unique URL on your site where the recipe is posted (not from an index page with multiple recipes). This will identify the recipe with a unique URL as opposed to a general index or archive page.
If you get over 10 matches, click on the "Submit for Curating Review" button to send it in for Rouxbe to review. Our editorial team will then review your submission and, if selected, we'll send you an email with next steps.
Please note that, at this time, we can't promise to return messages to all publishers, given the volume of submissions; but, we will do our very best to keep up.
If you have any questions, please contact our Rouxbe Curating Team.