Add oil, diced onions and garlic to large saucepan over medium-high heat and saute until golden brown.
Put tomatoes and juice through a food mill and add to saucepan.
Add a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste, then the freshly chopped basil and parsley.
Simmer for 45 minutes, taste and adjust for seasoning.
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Half a large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 28 oz can of San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 tbsp basil chopped
- 5 sprigs of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste