Nothing symbolizes home cooking as much as a roast chicken. Roast chicken should be part of every cook’s repertoire, as it is one of the easiest dishes to prepare. Not only does roast chicken make for an incredibly satisfying meal, but any leftovers can be used to make a variety of quick and delicious dishes. The leftover bones can even be used to make a flavorful stock, utilizing every part of the bird.
In this course, you will learn how to roast a chicken with the least amount of fuss and clean up. You will learn what type of chicken to choose and how to prepare it for roasting, how to check it for doneness, rest it and carve it. No longer will you have to rely on those dry, pre-cooked, supermarket birds! You will learn how to prepare a delicious gravy and side dishes to accompany your chicken, and recipes that will demonstrate how to use leftover parts of the bird to make quick and delicious weeknight meals.
This course can be taken on demand, at your own pace. Once purchased, you have lifetime access to the course content.
- Learn the anatomy of a chicken and how to break it down into its parts
- Learn how to roast and carve a chicken
- Learn how to roast and carve a turkey
- Become proficient at preparing an entire chicken dinner, including side dishes
- Learn to make perfect gravy
- Learn what to do with poultry leftovers and understand how poultry leftovers can make your weeknights easier
- Plan a week's worth of meals using poultry as your protein base
Cooking Chicken & Poultry
This course introduces you to the basics of preparing poultry, including how to break down, roast, carve and then repurpose leftovers for other delicious week night meals. We’ve even included recipes for sumptuous side dishes that will accompany your roast chicken and help you create the iconic family sunday dinner classic meal.
9 hrs 10 mins Total Time
The Food You'll Make
4,935 students from beginner to advanced have completed this course from 76 countries.