Become the steak master you want to be and learn how to properly apply heat to meat! There is nothing more impressive in a meal than a juicy, fresh-out-of-the-pan or off the grill steak that has been prepared, cooked and rested correctly and deliciously!
In this course, you will learn how to identify premium cuts of meat, and understand how to temper and prepare them for cooking. You will learn to cook premium steaks using two different methods, and we will show you how to determine doneness and why it is vital to rest meat prior to serving. You will also learn about the advantages of cooking steaks on the grill and in a pan.
Finally, using the pan method, we will teach you how to make a quick and delicious sauce to accompany your steak.
By learning just a few simple techniques, you will be able to confidently and consistently cook moist and juicy steaks every time.
This course can be taken on demand, at your own pace. Once purchased, you have lifetime access to the course content and instructor support.
- Identify premium cuts of beef
- Learn how to prepare steaks for cooking and why proper preparing matters
- Learn the correct techniques for cooking premium steaks, including the flip-once and flip-often methods
- Learn how to use the grill and the fry-pan for cooking juicy steaks
- Understand how to check for desired doneness in cooked meat
- Understand the components of a properly composed pan sauce to accompany your steak
Cooking Premium Steaks
In this course, you will learn how to identify and determine quality in cuts of beef. You will also learn about the importance of marbling and how the type of aging impacts both the quality and cost of meat. You will also learn a few tips for how to choose the most appropriate steak to suit the type of meal you are making, and you will learn to prepare steaks for cooking and the best cooking techniques for your selected cut of meat.
6 hrs 20 mins Total Time
The Food You'll Make
3,507 students from beginner to advanced have completed this course from 76 countries.