Rice too mushy? Lentils too tough? Quinoa too bitter? This course will turn on your cooking brain and help you understand how to make wholesome grain-based dishes that are fluffy, healthful and delicious!
Grains and legumes are the staple of many cultures around the world, and have been for ce…Click to expand...
- Learn the basics of making perfect rice
- Understand how to make a pilaf and how to enhance pilaf dishes
- Learn the risotto method and how to vary the flavors and dishes
- Learn the basic elements of cooking a variety of grains
- Understand how to make polenta
- Learn about legumes and how to prepare and store them
Grains & Legumes
This course introduces you to a variety of grains such as rice, polenta and other whole grains and shows you how to cook them perfectly, without fail. Basic rice making, plus a variety of rice variations such as risotto and pilafs are discussed, as well as the food safety issues surrounding grains. Finally, you will learn how to prepare legumes to add protein and flavor to your grain and vegetable dishes.