A great variety of dishes are cooked using moist heat methods – whether you are referring to soups, stews, steamed foods, or braised dishes. These are all beloved foods around the world because they evoke a feeling of sharing or community. In understanding the differences between specific most-he…Click to expand...
- Learn how to steam food and control the temperature during cooking
- Describe how to properly prepare ingredients for steaming
- Visually identify the proper water temperatures for poaching, simmering and boiling
- Learn how to poach and simmer and why these techniques are often more desirable than boiling
- Learn the proper technique behind combination cooking methods such as braising and stewing
- Understand what pot roasting is and how to make one
Steaming, Stewing & Braising
This course focuses on moist-heat cooking methods. Using submersion methods, you will learn about and then practice braising, poaching, steaming, stewing and simmering. Moist methods provide a learning platform through which to create a variety of delicious dishes that all use the power of hot liquid or steam for their preparation.