<< View All Events
Eric Wynkoop - Open Office Hours
Bring all of your questions for Rouxbe's Director of Culinary Instruction
Join Chef Eric Wynkoop in his virtual office as he welcomes all of your questions. This event was created for you and we encourage you to ask anything – from cooking techniques to course-specific questions, to how to turn your cooking passion into profit or simply hearing the perspective of a professional chef, Chef Eric is ready to answer them all.
About Eric Wynkoop
Eric Wynkoop previously served as a founding faculty member at The International Culinary School, instructor in anthropology at Portland State University, and Senior Instructor at the Le Cordon Bleu program at Western Culinary Institute, in Portland, Oregon. He holds Master’s Degrees in postsecondary education and cultural anthropology, as well as credentials in Ayurveda wellness and cooking.
Eric has spent more than twenty years in the food and beverage industry. His experiences include banquet management, catering, personal chef, winery cellar hand, educator, textbook contributor, consultant, and ethnographer. He also brings food and cultural insight from nearly a decade of residence in Japan, studies in Mexico, and research in India as a Fulbright Scholar. After graduating from the University of Oregon with a dual degree in Japanese and Asian Studies, he went on to receive his formal culinary training at Western Culinary Institute, in Portland, Oregon.
Eric’s role with Rouxbe is central to enhancing the student experience through quality course content and new course development at Rouxbe. Eric is also the lead instructor in Rouxbe courses, a role which he has enjoyed since 2016.
Tuesday, August 23rd
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- is there any restaurant or cafe management courses you recommend ,I can start learning ,It would really make my appetite for learning fulfilled
- What are your favorite one or two oils for high temperatures for stir fry and for roasting?
- If one did not finish one of their Picture assignments in Professional cooking course , how many extension do they need to completely done with their certification ? I mean in terms of getting scored by your administration?
- I'm looking to upgrade my knives. I'm seeing such a wide range in prices, even the same brands via different stores. Can you suggest brands and places to buy from? Perhaps direct from brand like Henckel?
- A friend of us cooked specially for us in a Tajine, one that was suitable for induction. I don’t have such a Tajine, but I do have a cast-iron cookware pan. Will that give likely results?
- What are the best pots & pans to use, is non-stick good to use or parchment paper or silicon mat?
- how do you prep and use Jackfruit?
- What is the best way to clean a silpat? They end up greasy or browned.
About this Event