Barton Seaver - How To Plan the Perfect Picnic
A perfect picnic basket makes any outdoor meal enjoyable!
About this Event
Join us for a live event that's sure to make your taste buds sing - it's a picnic party like no other! Don't forget to bring your appetite, your sense of humor, and your best checkered blanket!
Hosted by renowned chef, author, and sustainable seafood expert, Barton Seaver, this exciting live event will have you prepping the ultimate picnic experience.
Come prepared with your questions and you will learn how to prepare a variety of tasty and nutritious picnic dishes, as well as gain insights into the best sustainable food practices.
About Barton Seaver
Barton Seaver is one of the world’s leading sustainable seafood experts and educators. He traded his illustrious career as an award-winning chef leading top seafood restaurants, DC, for traveling the world as an Explorer with the National Geographic Society. Barton translated his experiences into leadership in sustainable seafood innovations, garnering him positions with the United States Culinary Ambassador Corp, the University of New England, the New England Aquarium, and the Harvard School of Public Health. Barton works on initiatives to inform consumers and institutions about how our choices for diet and menus can promote healthier people, resillient ecosystems, more secure food supplies, and thriving communities.
An internationally recognized speaker, Barton has delivered lectures, seminars, and demos to a multitude of audiences. He has written seven seafood-centric books, including For Cod and Country and American Seafood and has contributed to dozens of publications, including Cooking Light, The New York Times, and Saveur, among many others. He has appeared on 60 Minutes, CNN, NPR, 20/20 and the TED Talk stage.
He is the founder of Coastal Culinary Academy, a multi-platform initiative that seeks to increase seafood consumption through seafood-specific culinary education for all levels of cooks.
Tuesday, June 27th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- Can you suggest alternative fishes from salmon that will work with roasted salmon and garlic?
- What would be the best tropical fruits for grilling?
- What is baba ganoush?
- Can I substitute whole eggs 1:1 with liquid eggs in recipes?
- How many different dishes should I have for a good picnic? I tend to go overboard :)
- I am at a loss as to what easy, simple plant-based appetizers I can make as a beginner.
- Are Toothfish and Chilean Sea Bass the same?
- Can you please tell us why you brine fish and the benefits of doing so?
- What perishables would you recommend to NOT bring outdoors , if you’re spending more than a few hours on a picnic?
- Any recommendations on food that stays well in scorching heat without a cooler?
- Looking for an eco-friendly cooler that will keep foods chilled without killing the environment.
- What can I substitute for tomatoes in minestrone soup recipes?
- Do you have a trick to make spring rolls ahead of time so they don't end up rubbery?
- What would you suggest I prepare for time with friends at a local winery?
- If you had to create ONE no-fuss dish that would satisfy most/all people (allergies, preferences, etc.) w/o skimping on flavor, what would that be?
- Can you help me figure it out some vegan meals to bring to a picnic, please?
- What does your ideal picnic look like and what are your favorite items. How do you balance variety without being wasteful/excessive.