Incorporating more vegetables into your life definitely does not have to mean boring, woody salads and overcooked carrots! There are many simple, delicious cooking methods and ways to bring more veggies, and therefore more health, into your life! Properly-cooked vegetables are hard to come by. They are either too crunchy or terribly over-cooked. When cooking vegetables, the main objectives are to preserve flavor and color, while achieving the desired texture.
In this course you will learn the basics of vegetable cookery. By understanding vegetable pigments and how to preserve them, the differences between boiling, simmering, blanching and parboiling, steaming and roasting you won’t ever have those childhood fears of eating poorly-cooked vegetables again.
- Understand the importance of preserving vegetable pigments
- Learn the techniques of blanching and par-boiling and why they are essential for flavor and texture
- Learn how to steam and finish steamed vegetables
- Learn how to properly roast a variety of different vegetables
- Practice preparing a variety of different vegetables that will enhance your meals and your health
Incorporating more vegetables into your life definitely does not have to mean boring, woody salads and overcooked carrots! There are many simple, delicious ways to bring more veggies, and therefore more health, into your life!
10 hrs 40 mins Total Time
The Food You'll Make
4,865 students from beginner to advanced have completed this course from 76 countries.