Lessons > How to Make a Butter Sauce
Butter sauce is also called a beurre blanc sauce (“white butter”) or sauce blanc. It is a classic French butter sauce that is often served at fancy restaurants. It is considered by some to be a bit more challenging sauce because it has a tendency to split.
Beurre blanc or butter sauce goes well with many vegetables and lean meats and is especially delicious in fish recipes and seafood recipes.
In this lesson, we will show you how to prepare a basic beurre blanc. You will learn how to serve and hold beurre blanc and how to fix it if it happens to split. Finally, we will show you how to vary this elegant sauce to make many other delicious sauces.
- identify the main components of a butter sauce or beurre blanc
- make a butter sauce or beurre blanc sauce
- understand how to properly hold and serve a butter sauce or beurre blanc
- know how to fix a split a butter sauce or beurre blanc sauce
- know how to vary a butter sauce or beurre blanc to create a variety of different sauces
||START: Watch Lesson Platform Tour|
|1.||Introduction: How to Make a Butter Sauce||2 mins||
|2.||Complete Your Self Assessment||2 mins||
|3.||French Butter Sauce Components||2 mins||
|4.||Making a French Butter Sauce||8 mins||
|5.||Serving & Holding Butter Sauces||2 mins||
|6.||Fixing a Split Butter Sauce||2 mins||
|7.||Variations of Butter Sauces||4 mins||
|8.||Practice Activities & Recipes||45 mins||
|9.||Lesson Quiz||15 mins||
|Finish Line||1 hr 22 mins||Total Time|
8,332 students from beginner to advanced have completed this lesson from 76 countries.