Lessons > How to Use & Cook w/ Herbs
One of the easiest ways to enhance the flavor of the food you prepare is to add herbs. Whether fresh or dried, you need to know how to use herbs and when to add them during the cooking process.
In this lesson, you will learn about common types of culinary herbs and the difference between delicate and hardy herbs. You will also learn how to buy and store both fresh and dried herbs. Finally, and most importantly, you will learn how to prepare, use and cook with herbs so you can heighten the flavor of the food you are preparing.
- understand the difference between delicate and hardy herbs
- identify common types of delicate and hardy herbs
- identify common types of fresh herbs
- properly store both fresh and dried herbs
- prepare herbs for cooking
- understand how to cook with herbs and when to add them to a dish
- understand how to begin to pair herbs with food
||START: Watch Lesson Platform Tour|
|1.||Introduction: How to Use and Cook with Herbs||2 mins||
|2.||Complete Your Self Assessment||2 mins||
|3.||Types of Herbs||3 mins||
|4.||How to Buy & Store Fresh Herbs||8 mins||
|5.||How to Buy & Store Dried Herbs||2 mins||
|6.||How to Prepare Herbs for Cooking||3 mins||
|7.||How to Cook with Herbs||5 mins||
|8.||Practice Activities & Recipes||45 mins||
|9.||Lesson Quiz||15 mins||
|Finish Line||1 hr 25 mins||Total Time|
Prerequisites & Related Lessons
6,330 students from beginner to advanced have completed this lesson from 76 countries.