Lessons > Rice Basics
Rice is the staple food for more than half of the world’s population and is one of the oldest cultivated grains.
In this lesson, we will help you understand the basic anatomy of rice and how it is processed. You will also know how to identify different varieties of rice and how to store rice properly.
- identify the basic anatomy of rice
- explain how rice is processed
- identify a variety of common types of rice
- identify the different characteristics of rice
- understand how to store raw and uncooked rice
- understand how to safely cool and reheat rice
||START: Watch Lesson Platform Tour|
|1.||Introduction: Rice Basics||2 mins||
|2.||Complete Your Self Assessment||2 mins||
|3.||Rice Anatomy & Processing||3 mins||
|4.||Activity | Label the Rice Diagram||5 mins||
|5.||Common Types of Rice||20 mins||
|6.||Storing & Food Safety of Rice||3 mins||
|7.||Practice Activities & Recipes||45 mins||
|8.||Lesson Quiz||10 mins||
|Finish Line||1 hr 30 mins||Total Time|
Prerequisites & Related Lessons
8,672 students from beginner to advanced have completed this lesson from 76 countries.