- Serves: Makes 2 cups
- Active Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Views: 36,498
- Success Rating: 100% (?)
Step 1: Making the Sauce• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 cup warm water
• 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, small dice
• 1 tbsp sweet paprika
• 1 tbsp dry oregano
• 1 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
• 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
• 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground in mortar and pestle
• 1/4 cup white vinegar
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the salt and warm water together to dissolve; set aside. In Spanish, this is called salmuera (salty water).
Once the salt has dissolved, combine all of the ingredients. Gently whisk in the olive oil. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt as desired.
Adjust the seasonings, if desired. Place in a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid and store in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.