Strawberry Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- Serves: 2
- Active Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Views: 31,784
- Success: 95%
Step 1: Making the Smoothie• 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple
• 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
• 1 cup peeled banana
• 1 cup apple juice*
• 1/2 cup plain yogurt
• 1 cup ice
To prepare the smoothie, add the pineapple, strawberries and banana to a blender, followed by the apple juice.
*For the best results use a nice, unfiltered apple juice or one that contains no added preservatives or sugar. You can also use apple cider or pear juice if you like.
Next, add the yogurt and ice. Purée until everything is blended together with a smooth, milkshake-like consistency. Serve immediately.
- by Joe Girard
- October 20, 2006
You can also use milk instead of juice or cider if you like.
To give your smoothie that much more nutritional balance try adding a few tablespoons of one of the following:
• hemp, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cashew nuts, almonds, goji berriers, coconut meat and/or raw cacao nibs
As well as a tablespoon or two of one of the following:
• virgin coconut oil, flax or hemp oil, extra-virgin olive oil
For added sweetness, if needed, you can add a tablespoon of one of the following:
• molasses, raw honey, agave or a few pitted dates
And for added protein add:
• 1-2 scoops of a quality protein powder
A good tip with bananas is once they are ripe, peel them and roughly break them up. Then freeze them so you always have some on hand. It also helps to make the smoothie that much colder.