Southwestern Grain Bowl
Millet, black beans, roasted corn and salsa give this bowl a southwestern kick. Chad Sarno
- Serves: 2
- Active Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Views: 9,026
- Success: 100%
Step 1: Preparing the Bowl• 2 cups millet or grain of your choice, cooked according to package directions
• 2 cups black beans or beans of your choice, cooked and strained
• 1/2 bunch kale or greens of your choice, chopped (raw or lightly steamed)
• 2 ears of corn, grilled and stripped from ear
First, prepare your mise en place.
Evenly place the millet, black beans, kale and corn into bowls.
Step 2: Finishing the Dish• 1/2 avocado, pitted, flesh removed and thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup salsa of choice
• 1 jalapeno, sliced thin (optional)
• 1/4 cup Cashew Sour Cream
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
To finish the bowl, top with the sliced avocado and salsa.
Garnish with the chopped cilantro and thinly sliced jalapeno.
Serve with Cashew Sour Cream.