Indian Samosa Burgers
- Serves: 4 to 6
- Active Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Views: 18,121
- Success: 97%
Step 1: Preparing the Burger Mix• 1/2 to1 cup raw cashews, ground into course meal
• 1/2 cup fresh peas, shelled and blanched (optional frozen peas, thawed)
• 3/4 cup cauliflower, cut into small florets
• 1/4 cup green onion, finely diced
• 1 cup russet potato, cubed, cooked until tender and cooled
• 1 tbsp curry powder
• 1 tbsp onion powder
• 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
• 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1/8 tsp cayenne, or taste (optional)
• 1/4 tsp sea salt, or to taste (optional)
First, gather and prepare your mise en place.
To prepare the burger mix, in a bowl, toss all ingredients together, pressing the potatoes into the mixture until it begins to bind. Depending on the moisture of potatoes, you may need to add more or less of the ground cashews.
Using a burger size ring mold, form into burger size patties.
Step 2: Baking the Burgers
Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
Lightly spray a baking sheet and place the burgers evenly on the sheet. Alternatively, you can use a non-stick baking sheet or one lined with a silpat.
Bake for 15 minutes and flip the burgers. Continue baking for an another 6 to 8 minutes until both sides are golden.
Alternatively, you can simply cook the burgers on the first side for 20 to 25 minutes. Just note that the tops of the burgers will just be a bit drier, but not flipping them helps keep them together better — not to mention it’s one less step.
Step 3: Serving the Burgers• 4 to 6 whole grain burger buns
• Mango Chutney
• Wine Pickled Onions
• butter lettuce leaves
• sliced jalapeños