- Serves: 1 cup
- Active Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Views: 56,415
- Success Rating: 68% (?)
Step 1: Preparing the Dressing
- 1/2 cup aged balsamic vinegar, (high quality preferred)
- 3 tbsp low-sodium tamari
- 3 tbsp Date Paste or maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp onion granules
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- fresh herbs of choice (rosemary, oregano, chives), minced
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
First, prepare your mise en place, including the Date Paste. See the recipe here: Fruit Paste. Alternatively, you could another sweetener of your choice.
In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together well. If using a container such as a jar, pour all ingredients into the container, close with a lid and shake vigorously.
Use as a delicious dressing, or pour over cooked potatoes with fresh basil and sliced roasted peppers for a delicious side dish.
- by Chad Sarno
- January 3, 2014
This versatile dressing and/or marinade can be made in advance, allowing the flavors to meld together.