Cashew Caesar Salad Dressing
- Serves: 2 cups
- Active Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 4 hrs
- Views: 12,711
- Success: 100%
Step 1: Soaking the Cashews• 1/2 cup raw cashews
• 2 to 3 cups warm water
In a medium bowl, soak the cashews for 3 to 4 hours to soften. Strain, reserving the cashews and discarding the liquid.
Step 2: Preparing the Dressing• 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, or other non–dairy milk
• 2 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 1 clove garlic, peeled
• 1 1/2 tbsp kelp or dulse granules
• 1 tbsp natural sweetener such as fruit paste, agave, yukon or honey
• 1 tbsp light soy or chickpea miso
• 2 tbsp dijon mustard
• 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 lemon, juiced, to taste
To prepare the dressing, in a blender, add the cashews along with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Adjust the sweetness and garlic if you wish.
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.