Shiitake Broth w/ Udon Noodles
- Serves: 4 to 6
- Active Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Views: 8,951
- Success: 100%
Step 1: Preparing the Dish• 4 to 6 cups of Shiitake Broth
• 1 cup lotus root, peeled and sliced in 1/4–inch rounds
• 1 cup small shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
• 4 cups Fresh Udon Noodles, cooked
• 1 cup Baked Tofu, diced
• 1 cup watercress for garnish
• 4 to 6 fresh shiso leaves for garnish
• Chile Oil for garnish (or regular chile oil)
First, gather and prepare your mise en place.
To prepare the dish, in the Shitake Broth, simmer the lotus root and shitake mushrooms until tender.
Garnish each bowl with watercress, ripped shiso leaves and a drizzle of Chile and Spice Oil and serve.
- by Chad Sarno
- January 9, 2014
You could also use it as a poaching liquid, similar to a dashi broth, for poaching vegetables such as lotus root, daikon or other roots. Note: You can substitute store-bought udon noodles (dry or fresh) if you don’t have access to homemade ones