Greek Pita Pizza
- Serves: 4
- Active Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Views: 8,905
- Success Rating: 100% (?)
Step 1: Preparing the Vinaigrette• 3 tbsp red wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 small clove of garlic, minced
• 1 tsp sweetener
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano (optional)
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Note: If you are making your own Greek Pita Bread for this recipe, which we highly recommend, you will need to that first. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl or in a container with a lid. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before using.
Step 2: Assembling the Dish• 1 cup hummus
• 1 cup tomatoes, diced
• 1 cup cucumber, diced
• 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
• 2 tbsp red onion, diced (optional)
• 1 avocado, diced (optional)
• 4 pieces Greek Pita Bread
To assemble the dish, first gather and prepare your mise en place.
Grill or heat Pita Bread. Once done, spread a generous amount of hummus onto each piece of pita. Top with diced tomatoes, cucumber, olives, optional onion and optional avocado.
Drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- by Dawn Thomas
- January 9, 2014
While this dish serves 4, the serving size can easily be increased or decreased.