- Serves: 4 as a side dish
- Active Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Views: 11,417
- Success Rating: 0% (?)
Step 1: Preparing the Salad
- 2 cups assorted fresh sprouts (sunflower sprouts, buckwheat sprouts or pea shoots, sliced in half if too long)
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and segmented
- 1 avocado, semi–firm, seed removed and sliced in strips lengthwise
- 4 to 5 cilantro sprigs, leaves only
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and sliced in 1/2–inch paper–thin julienne
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp flax oil
- 1/4 tsp flaked sea salt
First, gather and prepare your mise en place.
To prepare the salad, in a mixing bowl, add the sprouts, grapefruit segments (check out our video on Segmenting Citrus ), avocado slices and cilantro leaves. Add ginger, and about one tablespoon of the lemon zest and the lemon juice. Drizzle with flax oil and gently combine the ingredients.
When serving, gently handle the salad to ensure the avocado slices remain in tact. Sprinkle with sea salt before serving.