Cucumber & Watermelon Gazpacho
- Serves: 4 to 6
- Active Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Views: 1,641
- Success: 0%
Step 1: Preparing the Gazpacho• 2 cups fresh watermelon juice (alternatively you can blend then strain through a fine sieve)
• 1/2 cup cucumber juice
• 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and large diced
• 1/4 cup red bell pepper, small diced
• 1 cup watermelon cut into small cubes
• 2 tbsp shallot, minced
• 1/2 tsp jalapeño, seeded and minced
• 3 tbsp fresh mint, thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp lime juice
• 1/2 tsp flaked sea salt
First, gather and prepare your mise en place.
In a juicer, separately juice the watermelon and cucumber.
In mixing bowl, add the juices, cucumber, bell pepper, watermelon, shallot, jalapeño, mint and vinegar. Stir gently to mix all ingredients.
To serve, add the squeeze of lime and sprinkle of sea salt.