- Serves: 3 cups
- Active Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Views: 6,731
- Success Rating: 0% (?)
Step 1: Making the Raita• 1 1/2 cups Cashew Cream
• 1 cucumber, half grated, half diced
• 1 tbsp grated onion
• 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
• 1/8 cup mint, roughly chopped
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin, or to taste
• 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
• 1 tsp jalapeño, minced (add more to taste)
• chili powder, for garnish
To make the raita, first prepare your mise en place—including the making of the Cashew Cream. Note that you may need to add a bit of water to the Cashew Sour Cream, if it is too thick.
To assemble the dish, reserve approximately 2 tbsp of diced cucumber and then combine all of the remaining ingredients. Gently mix together and taste for seasoning. Adjust the salt and heat as desired.
Lastly, spoon into a serving dish and garnish with the reserved cucumber, a good sprinkling of chili powder and a few cilantro leaves, if desired.
Serve alongside your favorite Indian dish. This cool, slightly salty condiment is used to temper the heat in spicy Indian dishes.