- Serves: 4 to 6
- Active Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Views: 15,834
- Success Rating: 100% (?)
Step 1: Preparing & Baking the Cobbler
- 2 oz vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (whole wheat or brown rice flour could be substituted)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger or cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup almond or soy or oat milk
- Heaping 2 cups fruit (sliced) or berries
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Place the butter into an 8-inch square or 9-inch round pan and place in the oven to melt. Watch carefully so that the butter does not burn. Remove as soon as it is melted, keep warm.
Whisk, measure and sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger and salt together into a medium mixing bowl.
Add the milk to the dry ingredients; stirring until just incorporated.
Pour the batter into the pan over the melted butter. Do not stir. Arrange the fruit over batter.
Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for about 40 to 50 minutes or until the batter is cooked through and nicely browned all over.
Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm with ice cream or any complimentary non-dairy cream or sauce.