Char Nolan - Ask Me Anything (Office Hours)
Bring all of your questions for one of Rouxbe's Chef Instructors!
About this Event
Join Chef Char Nolan in her virtual office as she welcomes all of your questions. This event was created for you and we encourage you to ask anything – from cooking techniques to course-specific questions, to how to turn your cooking passion into profit or simply hearing the perspective of a professional chef, Chef Nolan is ready to answer them all.
About Char Nolan
Char Nolan is a serious crusader for plant-based education, armed with a degree in public health from Philadelphia’s Temple University. She teaches nutrition and plant-based cooking throughout Philadelphia, and in many underserved communities. Char holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from eCornell and completed Rouxbe’s Plant-Based Professional Certification course in 2015. In 2019, Char completed post-graduate course work in social media marketing at the University of the Arts. When she is not cooking or teaching, she manages social media accounts for several plant-based influencers.
Char prides herself on learning everything she knows about cooking from growing up in her grandparents’ Italian restaurant. Her favorite vegetables are Brussels sprouts and kale, of course. Char originally hails from Queens, NY, but has lived in Philadelphia most of her adult life. She is a former Peace Corps Volunteer.
Tuesday, September 6th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- I saw recipes that use baking soda in soaking of Chex peas and cooking with baking soda. Can I use the liquid as aqua fab?
- How do I make my no meat meatballs stick together. When simmering them in sauce they soften and turn mushy.
- Do you have a good Lima bean recipe with thyme?
- Is it possible to freeze cashew sour cream, avocado ranch, and other oil-free dressings? My date paste did not stay soft once I froze it as the homeworld video said it would. Was it too liquid?
- For diabetes, what are your thoughts on oil, potatoes and rice in recipes. Some of diabetes plant based cookbooks include potatoes, rice, and even maple syrup. Thoughts? How can I replace some of these items in recipes?
- What things can you suggest to add to a soup to add a punch of flavor at the end of cooking? What are some different flavors to consider?
- Do I need to buy anything for the advanced plant based cooking class?
- Do you have a favorite seasoning blend that you make which is a favorite go to for you?
- How do you recommend storing vegetables in the fridge?
- I have always been puzzled about how to make enough pan sauce to serve 6-8. Chicken Marsala to use1/2. cup Marsala and reduce until almost evaporated, add 1 cup stock reduce to 1/2 then reduce to sauce-like consistency should I add double Marsala Stock?
- Do you have a good recipe for kale pesto? I have loads of kale and basil in my garden.. Also, I am playing around with dehydrating the stems of kale, chard etc to make a green powder to add to my winter dishes. Have you thoughts about this?
- If I want to grow food and turn my excess into a very small business, say canning or dehydration, what product or crop might I begin with?
- I just can't stop my vegetables to stop drying out when baking oil free. Any hints greatly appreciated.