Char Nolan - Ask Me Anything (Office Hours)
Bring all of your questions for one of Rouxbe's Chef Instructors!
About this Event
Join Chef Char Nolan in her virtual office as she welcomes all of your questions. This event was created for you and we encourage you to ask anything – from cooking techniques to course-specific questions, to how to turn your cooking passion into profit or simply hearing the perspective of a professional chef, Chef Nolan is ready to answer them all.
About Char Nolan
Char Nolan is a serious crusader for plant-based education, armed with a degree in public health from Philadelphia’s Temple University. She teaches nutrition and plant-based cooking throughout Philadelphia, and in many underserved communities. Char holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from eCornell and completed Rouxbe’s Plant-Based Professional Certification course in 2015. In 2019, Char completed post-graduate course work in social media marketing at the University of the Arts. When she is not cooking or teaching, she manages social media accounts for several plant-based influencers.
Char prides herself on learning everything she knows about cooking from growing up in her grandparents’ Italian restaurant. Her favorite vegetables are Brussels sprouts and kale, of course. Char originally hails from Queens, NY, but has lived in Philadelphia most of her adult life. She is a former Peace Corps Volunteer.
Tuesday, November 15th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- I want to buy an ecological nonstick frypan. Can you recommend me a brand?
- Do I need a certificate to become a chef?
- Any tips for the perfect gluten free bread?
- What's a good replacement for sake?
- Any suggestions for getting the right balance of sour flavors in vinaigrettes w/ a little oil + sweetener, like maple syrup or pinch of salt. Even w/ sweetener, I'm finding an aversion to overly sour. I prefer lower sodium.
- With the traditional knife cuts there are quite a bit of left over bits and pieces. I turn them into stock mainly and then the left over from that into vegan sausages. Any other tips and ideas for 0 waste?
- If a recipe calls for white wine, what can I substitute that is non-alcoholic?
- Any recommendations for low sodium stocks or ingredients to have in a pinch if not making veg stock?
- Which spices are water soluble and which are oil soluble. Can you point me toward a list?
- Can you explain food photography?
- Do you have favorite ways to use pomegranates? Also, do you have a favorite non-alcoholic drink that works well with a WFPB holiday feast?
- What is the difference between vegetable stock and vegetable broth? Can they be utilized interchangably or is there a specific use?
- I’d like to know what if any desserts will be on your family Thanksgiving dinner table.