Fran Costigan - Sweet and Natural Desserts for June
Berries, stone fruit, some savory (or vegetables too) make luscious warmer weather desserts.
About this Event
Join us for an exciting live event celebrating the new season of fruits and yes, vegetables too, with renowned pastry chef Fran Costigan, our Director of Vegan Pastry. With her signature enthusiasm and passion, Chef Fran will share tips on choosing, storing, and using early summer produce to make luscious plant-based desserts that are sure to satisfy everyone’s craving. Guiding us with expert techniques and innovative recipes, Fran will demonstrate how to achieve the balance of flavor, texture, and appeal in each delightful bite.
While some desserts are free of added sugar and a few are no-oil added, others are a bit more decadent. Still, all are fruit forward, and more nutritious than their traditional counterparts. With Chef Fran’s help, you’ll learn how to make desserts ahead, both fully and from components to assembled when you are ready to serve.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from one of the leading voices in vegan desserts. You will leave feeling empowered and inspired to make some fabulous sweet and natural desserts.
About Fran Costigan
Fran Costigan is internationally renowned as the authority on vegan desserts. Trained at the New York Restaurant School and Natural Gourmet Institute, Fran was a chef in both traditional and vegan pastry kitchens before moving into teaching over 20 years ago. A lifelong chocoholic and long time vegan, Fran’s latest book, Vegan Chocolate: Unapologetically Luscious and Decadent Dairy Free Desserts, (Running Press 2013) is for all who madly, deeply love chocolate desserts, whether or not dietary considerations are an issue.
Her previous cookbook, More Great Good Dairy-Free Desserts Naturally (Book Publishing Company 2006) is the basis of the Costigan Vegan Baking Boot Camp Intensive®.
For more information, www.francostigan.com.
Wednesday, June 7th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- Have you come across any new interesting vegan ‘milk’ chocolate to bake with?
- Can you share any ideas for fresh papaya?
- Can we replace tamari with soy sauce, when making a chocolate ganache pie filling?
- What is your opinion of using monk fruit sweetener?
- What is a good cream substitute?
- I recently tried puff pastry for the first time and the dough came out broken and did not rise as much as I hoped. I think I overworked it and wondering if the cake flour wasn't strong enough. Any tips?
- What raw dessert do you recommend?
- Can you suggest some common added preservatives one can use to make the desserts last much longer?
- Are there any general rules for converting vegan recipes to be sugar-free and oil-free? Are there cases where this isn’t possible to do?
- Is there an existing chart for sweeteners available if we want to swap them?
- I want to use your single layer vanilla cake to make a honey cake. How could i do this?
- What is the best sugar alternative for baking?
- Is there a tasty "graham cracker" crust I can make for some plant based pie fillings?
- Do you have a favorite oatmeal vegan cookie recipe to share?
- What are two easy and quick desserts that have little sugar?