Barton Seaver - Open Office Hours
Bring all of your questions for Chef Barton Seaver
About this Event
Join Chef Barton Seaver in his virtual office as he welcomes all of your questions. This event was created for you and we encourage you to ask anything – from cooking techniques to course-specific questions, to how to turn your cooking passion into profit or simply hearing the perspective of a professional chef, Chef Barton is ready to answer them all.
About Barton Seaver
Barton Seaver is one of the world’s leading sustainable seafood experts and educators. He traded his illustrious career as an award-winning chef leading top seafood restaurants, DC, for traveling the world as an Explorer with the National Geographic Society. Barton translated his experiences into leadership in sustainable seafood innovations, garnering him positions with the United States Culinary Ambassador Corp, the University of New England, the New England Aquarium, and the Harvard School of Public Health. Barton works on initiatives to inform consumers and institutions about how our choices for diet and menus can promote healthier people, resillient ecosystems, more secure food supplies, and thriving communities.
An internationally recognized speaker, Barton has delivered lectures, seminars, and demos to a multitude of audiences. He has written seven seafood-centric books, including For Cod and Country and American Seafood and has contributed to dozens of publications, including Cooking Light, The New York Times, and Saveur, among many others. He has appeared on 60 Minutes, CNN, NPR, 20/20 and the TED Talk stage.
He is the founder of Coastal Culinary Academy, a multi-platform initiative that seeks to increase seafood consumption through seafood-specific culinary education for all levels of cooks.
Tuesday, August 30th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- Is there a basic knife skills class?
- How would I make my own organic ACV at home? Or do you suggest just buying a good one like Bragg's?
- How do you prepare crab for cooking? Any suggestions on how to use crab in recipes?
- How do you use Verjus blanc or rouge?
- I would love some basic information on the science in cooking. What and how ingredients are to be combined in what sequence, etc. This could come in handy. Not even sure what to ask for but it seems like a big area.
- How do you best store mushrooms, onions, potatoes?
- Is vital wheat gluten considered a whole food product?
- Please comment on Taste vs Flavor
- What Brand of knife do you use?
- What are some basic principles on garnishing a dish?
- I am looking at getting something to steam vegetables. What equipment do you recommend for steaming?
- While creating a new dish, have you ever just thrown it all out and started over?
- 1) What tends to be the hardest obstacle to overcome as we learn to cook? 2) When dining out, how can we continue to inspire curiosity in new, healthier dishes?
- Would you consider giving a class on vinegar making, including the basics and maybe flavored vinegars?
- How do you freeze sourdough dough and sourdough starter? And what do you do to prepare previously frozen sourdough for the oven and previously frozen sourdough starter?
- Can you give me some practical advice on batch cooking? I understand the concept, but am struggling with ways to make it happen. Any tips or guidance? Thanks!