<< View All Events
Fran Costigan - Spring Cleaning Your Kitchen Means New Desserts
Cleaning out the pantry and refrigerator is like going on a scavenger hunt for hidden treasures. You never know what you might find lurking- a bag of cake crumbs, a jar of cookie bits, or a small container of creams. With a little bit of creativity and imagination, you can transform these forgotten ingredients into a new and exciting dessert. It’s like playing the game of Chopped, but instead of a basket of mystery ingredients, you have your own kitchen to explore.
So come on, join Vegan Pastry Master Fran Costigan, and let’s uncover those hidden gems and whip up some delicious treats!
Bring your questions and get ready to spring into some new flavors.
About Fran Costigan
Fran Costigan is internationally renowned as the authority on vegan desserts. Trained at the New York Restaurant School and Natural Gourmet Institute, Fran was a chef in both traditional and vegan pastry kitchens before moving into teaching over 20 years ago. A lifelong chocoholic and long time vegan, Fran’s latest book, Vegan Chocolate: Unapologetically Luscious and Decadent Dairy Free Desserts, (Running Press 2013) is for all who madly, deeply love chocolate desserts, whether or not dietary considerations are an issue.
Her previous cookbook, More Great Good Dairy-Free Desserts Naturally (Book Publishing Company 2006) is the basis of the Costigan Vegan Baking Boot Camp Intensive®.
For more information, www.francostigan.com.
Tuesday, May 16th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- When using frozen bananas for baking bread is it ok to use more bananas than called for in the recipe because frozen tend to mash differently and be wetter than ripened fresh bananas?
- Does aquafaba give people gas or bloating?
- What are some ideas with corn meal other than muffins & and the usual?
- Are dates low glycemic and do you have recommendations on how to prepare delicious desserts with them?
- Our lesson recommended a stainless steel pan for flipping. Would a ceramic coated or copper coated pan do just as well?
- Could you include some tips for gluten free households please?
- Is it possible to make a vegan choux type pastry? And if so how would you make a light creamy filling ie. for eclair or profiterole?
- I am wondering how to get the right consistency and texture in things without using eggs?
- My kids love rice pudding or vanilla pudding etc. I tried to make it with rice milk but it didn't work out that well because it doesn't thicken. We don't like the taste of soy milk. Any suggestion on which milk I could use?
- When creating desserts, would it be possible for you to suggest alternatives to nuts?
About this Event