Deb Kennedy, PhD - Explore a Career as a Food Coach!
Unlock the Potential of Your Culinary Passion
About this Event
Attention Chefs, Home Cooks, Dietitians, Coaches, and Clinicians
🌟 Join us for an enlightening presentation and discover how you can revolutionize your career as a Food Coach! 🌟
Are you passionate about cooking? Do you want to make a positive impact on people's lives through food? This presentation is tailor-made for you! Whether you're a seasoned chef, a home cook, a dietitian, a coach, a community health worker or a clinician, there's an exciting opportunity awaiting you in the world of Food Coaching.
🔍 What You Will Learn:
👩🍳 Chefs and Home Cooks:
Explore how to leverage your love for cooking and culinary skills to contribute to people's well-being. Learn how to use your kitchen expertise to support individuals on their journey to healing through the power of food.
🍏 Dietitians and Clinicians:
Discover how to translate clinical recommendations into practical culinary skill-building strategies. Bridge the gap between nutritional advice and hands-on, enjoyable cooking experiences for your clients.
🤝 Coaches and Community Health Workers:
Gain insights into supporting behavioral changes through a practical culinary skill delivery platform. Learn how to empower your clients with tools that extend beyond traditional coaching methods.
About Deb Kennedy, PhD
Deb Kennedy, PhD nutritionist, chef and Value-Based Medicine certified, is dedicated to helping people improve their health through food. She received her Ph.D. in Nutritional Biochemistry from Tufts University, and previously held roles with Tufts Human Nutrition Research Center for Aging, Yale’s Prevention Research Center, Babies and Children’s Hospital at New York Presbyterian, Cornell University, and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. She also held the position of first Chair for Best Practices at the Teaching Kitchen Collaborative (CIA) and was an instructor in Culinary Nutrition at the New England Culinary Institute.
A pioneer in the growing field of culinary medicine, and self-proclaimed food warrior, Dr. Kennedy is the author of multiple books, including The Culinary Medicine Textbook, a five-volume publication to date that uses her research in food, flavor, eating and nutrition to lay out the concepts and fundamental topics needed to master culinary medicine. For the last several years, Deb, along with 40 nutritionists and a dozen chefs from around the world, created culinary competencies for nutrition recommendations. She has developed the Food Coach Academy based on this work, which is delivered in a science-based modular format that provides individuals with expertise needed to use the power of food to transform health.
Wednesday, January 3rd
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- Will the program count towards CEs (for RDs, health coaches, etc.) or is that something you are looking into for the future?
- What is your favorite go-to weeknight meal?
- Would you have examples of organizations that have employed food coaches that we could take a look at?
- When you start the Food Coach Academy course, is there a deadline to finish it?
- With the rise of Artificial Intelligence, do you foresee an impact on the food coaching space? Are you planning to integrate AI tools into your practice? Perhaps they could be beneficial?
- Can you tell us what is covered in each Term of the Food Coach Academy and when they will launch?
- How would I find clients once I've gone through the Food Coach Academy program?
- Is it possible to join the Food Coach Academy course at any time? Or are you doing this in cohorts?
- Is there a range we could expect for an annual salary for a Food Coach?
- What resources can you point me to to structure a resume or linked in profile that reflects my love of cooking at 50 and sharing that with others?
- What are you most excited about with the launch of your new Food Coach Academy course?
- How will participants in the Food Coach Academy be advised on career opportunities?
- How long does it take to complete the Food Coach Academy course?