Char Nolan - Ask Me Anything (Office Hours)
Bring all of your questions for one of Rouxbe's Chef Instructors!
About this Event
Join Chef Char Nolan in her virtual office as she welcomes all of your questions. This event was created for you and we encourage you to ask anything – from cooking techniques to course-specific questions, to how to turn your cooking passion into profit or simply hearing the perspective of a professional chef, Chef Nolan is ready to answer them all.
About Char Nolan
Char Nolan is a serious crusader for plant-based education, armed with a degree in public health from Philadelphia’s Temple University. She teaches nutrition and plant-based cooking throughout Philadelphia, and in many underserved communities. Char holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from eCornell and completed Rouxbe’s Plant-Based Professional Certification course in 2015. In 2019, Char completed post-graduate course work in social media marketing at the University of the Arts. When she is not cooking or teaching, she manages social media accounts for several plant-based influencers.
Char prides herself on learning everything she knows about cooking from growing up in her grandparents’ Italian restaurant. Her favorite vegetables are Brussels sprouts and kale, of course. Char originally hails from Queens, NY, but has lived in Philadelphia most of her adult life. She is a former Peace Corps Volunteer.
Tuesday, November 7th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- Is there a guidance to how much a med, large, etc size banana would be in cups measurement?
- Do you find an Instant Pot to be useful for WFPB low SOS cooking?
- Why are French Fries deep fried twice? Why not boil them first and then fry them to brown them? Why not just one long fry?
- Where did you find vegan taralli?
- For vegetable stock from scraps, what about things like onion skins, vegetable peels? Should we discard them or keep for stock?
- In no oil sauté, is it possible that the pan gets to hot that it doesn’t work?
- Is there a way to minimize the overpowering taste of onions, to add to a soup?
- Can you please give some guidance on how to double a recipe?
- For Brussel Sprouts, is non-organic better than none?
- What is the big deal about the Le Cruset pot?
- Can you use egg whites in place of an egg when baking?
- Should breakfast be eaten as soon as possible or wait till you’re hungry?
- What was the best thing you ate on your recent trip and how would you make it at home?
- How did you navigate your trip to Italy, in regard to you not eating the oils & extra salts without offending others, to keep the social time pleasant and positive?
- I use bananas and apple sauce in place of oils for dessert like muffins and cake- is there a rule of thumb for these purées to flour ratio?
- Are there any particular vegetables that aren’t good to use for a broth?
- I'm wondering what desserts will be on your family's holiday table. How to you handle 'mixed' eaters?
- What are typically the substitutes for butter, cream and eggs in baking?