<< View All Events
Dan Marek - Ask Me Anything (Office Hours)
Ask Rouxbe's Director of Plant-Based Culinary and Development Anything!
Join Chef Dan Marek in his virtual office as he welcomes all of your questions. This event was created for you and we encourage you to Ask Anything – from cooking techniques to course-specific questions, to how to turn your cooking passion into profit or simply hearing the perspective of a professional chef, Chef Dan is ready to answer them all.
About Dan Marek
Dan Marek is a chef educator who has been teaching vegan and vegetarian cooking for over 15 years. At Rouxbe, he is our Director of Plant-Based Culinary and Development where he helps develop content, classes and builds courses for many of our partners.
Dan is a board member of Slow Food Austin, the Institute of Child Nutrition, and Conscious Capitalism. He has earned his BA in Journalism from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and holds certificates in Nutrition from Cornell University.
Prior to his role with Rouxbe, Dan worked with Whole Kids Foundation training teachers and food service at schools across the country on nutrition and culinary best practices. He also worked as a Healthy Eating Educator at Whole Foods Market’s flagship store in Austin, TX, was a personal chef for some of Austin’s elite business people, taught classes in culinary techniques at Austin Community College, The Natural Epicurean, and Le Cordon Bleu.
Dan also regularly volunteers cooking or speaking about nutrition for the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, Marathon Kids, Health Alliance for Austin Musicians, and the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Austin and Central Texas.
Tuesday, September 27th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- I have a family member who has celiac disease. Can you give any tips for substituting different flours in recipes?
- How do you wash your vegetables?
- What dish has been the most challenging for you in plant based cooking
- Can you eat anytime on a WFPB diet?
- I just graduated from the Plant pro course and was looking into a ServSafe class. Can you give some info on this topic and whether it is something I might need in the future if I plan to do cooking demos at a community center.
- What is the best cooking method to maintain the color of green vegetsbles?
- Little is mentioned about the use of organic produce in online vegan food preparation formats, or my collection of FoK magazines. I’m curious about why that is not considered a priority, especially for raw foods.
- I was wondering if I will receive an actual copy of my graduation completion certificate or is the digital version the only version. I graduated from the Professional Plants program.
- What supplements would you suggest be taken when eating plant based?
- What is the difference between microwaving, boiling, or steaming vegetables. Which method is the best to use?
- If it’s true that masticating each mouthful 30 or 50 times makes nutrients more easily utilized, can we also assume that we would need/want less food to fulfill our dietary needs?
- Plant Based eating is new for me so I'm not sure what to ask, looking for all answers to everything.
- How soon after the first use should I hone my chef knife
- What do you make of the topic of grains being unhealthy because of inflammation- especially gluten? Even for people who don't have celiac.
- I need recommendations on what name brand chef's knife to buy. Even if you can give me some name brands that are of great quality that would really help my confusion. I like the feel of the standard chef's knife. I have never tried the Japanese ones
- Could you please explain how to adjust cooking temp and time for higher elevation . I went from 1,700 elevation in CA to 6,500 in CO . I make Cornish pasties so I’m dealing with short crust pastry . Should I add more or less water to dough ?
- Could you shed some light on the role of pickles in modern plant based cuisine, including how to position them when plating?
- I was wondering if you have any good recommendations for knife bags / rolls? What are some things we could keep in mind when buying one for the first time?
About this Event