Char Nolan - Ask Me Anything (Office Hours)
Bring all of your questions for one of Rouxbe's Chef Instructors!
About this Event
Join Chef Char Nolan in her virtual office as she welcomes all of your questions. This event was created for you and we encourage you to ask anything – from cooking techniques to course-specific questions, to how to turn your cooking passion into profit or simply hearing the perspective of a professional chef, Chef Nolan is ready to answer them all.
About Char Nolan
Char Nolan is a serious crusader for plant-based education, armed with a degree in public health from Philadelphia’s Temple University. She teaches nutrition and plant-based cooking throughout Philadelphia, and in many underserved communities. Char holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from eCornell and completed Rouxbe’s Plant-Based Professional Certification course in 2015. In 2019, Char completed post-graduate course work in social media marketing at the University of the Arts. When she is not cooking or teaching, she manages social media accounts for several plant-based influencers.
Char prides herself on learning everything she knows about cooking from growing up in her grandparents’ Italian restaurant. Her favorite vegetables are Brussels sprouts and kale, of course. Char originally hails from Queens, NY, but has lived in Philadelphia most of her adult life. She is a former Peace Corps Volunteer.
Tuesday, November 21st
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- Do have a suggestion for cooking a batch of Brazil nuts?
- After you've cut garlic and there's green, should that green be taken out, does that make it bitter?
- If flour is kept in the pantry, what is a good life span for before it should be tossed?
- How do you clean mushrooms before using them?
- Do you have a favorite vegan chocolate you use for cooking and just to eat?
- Can garlic be browned? Does the center has to be removed? What makes it taste bitter?
- If you could choose only 3 major cooking tips (that you see people fail a lot) what would they be?
- Do you have any suggestions for cooking with miso paste?
- What are the herbs is Italian Seasoning?
- Do you have a recipe for making yogurt from cashew or almond milk?
- I continually am burning the bottom of my steel pots and pans. Best cleaning methods? Soap and a soft scrubbing sponge are not working.
- Is it possible to make vegan mashed potatoes in advance and still have them be delicious for dinner?
- What's the difference between barbecuing and grilling?
- What's the difference between baking and roasting?
- I aim to eat a wide variety of veg and fruit. But am limited in what I can access (fresh or frozen.) Should I buy nonorganic?
- Happy birthday. What if any sweet treat did you have and was a candle involved?
- How long should we keep spices?
- My new non stick pans come with a warning not to heat the pans empty. How do I get them to temperature before adding the vegetables without using oil?
- Can you provide suggestions for tasty brunch dishes that are economical, vegan, and gluten-free.
- What tips can you offer in cooking for one minimizing waste and cost?