Eric Wynkoop - Ask Me Anything (Office Hours)
Ask Rouxbe's Director of Culinary Instruction Anything!
About this Event
Join Chef Eric Wynkoop in his virtual office as he welcomes all of your questions. This event was created for you and we encourage you to Ask Anything – from cooking techniques to course-specific questions, to how to turn your cooking passion into profit or simply hearing the perspective of a professional chef, Chef Eric is ready to answer them all.
About Eric Wynkoop
Eric Wynkoop previously served as a founding faculty member at The International Culinary School, instructor in anthropology at Portland State University, and Senior Instructor at the Le Cordon Bleu program at Western Culinary Institute, in Portland, Oregon. He holds Master’s Degrees in postsecondary education and cultural anthropology, as well as credentials in Ayurveda wellness and cooking.
Eric has spent more than twenty years in the food and beverage industry. His experiences include banquet management, catering, personal chef, winery cellar hand, educator, textbook contributor, consultant, and ethnographer. He also brings food and cultural insight from nearly a decade of residence in Japan, studies in Mexico, and research in India as a Fulbright Scholar. After graduating from the University of Oregon with a dual degree in Japanese and Asian Studies, he went on to receive his formal culinary training at Western Culinary Institute, in Portland, Oregon.
Eric’s role with Rouxbe is central to enhancing the student experience through quality course content and new course development at Rouxbe. Eric is also the lead instructor in Rouxbe courses, a role which he has enjoyed since 2016.
Tuesday, November 28th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- What is the best way to cook purple cabbage?
- Do you have any favorite delicacies to suggest for my annual tea party for my 3 grand daughters?
- I have a non-stick pan that I use to make pancakes. It is sticking a bit. Is it the heat? Do I need to clean it with something?
- What do you say about steaming the potato, I've been steaming a whole sweet potato on low heat for myself to save time while I'm doing other things?
- Do honing steels wear out? Any recommendations for a brand you're especially pleased with?
- Can you share your methods of making cashew or almond milk?
- Will keeping a pairing knife in a wooden knife block that holds knives at an angle dull the blade?
- What are a couple of suggestions to cook at home, that travel well, and heat up quickly before serving?
- What's the best substitute for butter in baking cookies or cakes?
- Is it possible to roast frozen vegetables? If so, do you have any tips?
- Is it better to cut potatoes blanched? Or is it better to cook them already diced or it doesn't make any difference in the final result?
- When do we put a lid on a pot? I see sometimes cooks let them mid open, without a lid or tight fit closed.
- Is the head of the octopus edible?
- How can I know when to replace or purchase a new dutch oven?
- What can I substitute for whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour? Or would I be better off instead searching for a recipe that’s been tested as a gluten free?
- What's the best substitute for cashews in vegan recipes?