Fran Costigan - Bite-Sized Desserts with Big Appeal
A spectacular event celebrating the 8th annual Valentines Day event!
About this Event
Indulge your senses in a delightful experience as the renowned pastry chef Fran Costigan takes center stage at her 8th Annual Essential Vegan Desserts Valentine’s Day Live Event.
This year, Chef Fran is set to showcase the charm of Bite-Sized Desserts with Big Appeal, offering something for all subsets of plant-based dessert enthusiasts and those simply curious. While chocolate desserts, the Valentine’s standard, will be featured, Chef Fran has also curated a selection of other flavors and fruit-based delights.
Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day as a couple or treating yourself, you deserve an unapologetically luscious special treat. This event promises an abundance of tips, techniques, and recipe ideas.
Set against the backdrop of sweet romance, encompassing Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day, and culinary finesse, this occasion offers an insider’s view of elegant yet easy, irresistible miniature desserts.
Fran Costigan, celebrated for her expertise in vegan and plant-based baking, will share practical information for creating special occasion treats that leave you relaxed and eager for the celebration.
As the Director of Vegan Pastry, Chef Fran is renowned for her innovative approach to dessert-making. This exclusive event provides participants with the opportunity to witness luscious chocolate confections and, of course, heart-shaped pastries. Fran’s expertise will inspire both seasoned bakers and beginners alike.
Immerse yourself in a celebration of flavor and love, as Fran Costigan creates desserts that pack big flavor into bite-sized packages—all made with standard pantry ingredients.
Join us for a special discussion on sweetness, sophistication, and the joy of creating desserts that deliver big flavor in small, delightful packages!
About Fran Costigan
Fran Costigan is internationally renowned as the authority on vegan desserts. Trained at the New York Restaurant School and Natural Gourmet Institute, Fran was a chef in both traditional and vegan pastry kitchens before moving into teaching over 20 years ago. A lifelong chocoholic and long time vegan, Fran’s latest book, Vegan Chocolate: Unapologetically Luscious and Decadent Dairy Free Desserts, (Running Press 2013) is for all who madly, deeply love chocolate desserts, whether or not dietary considerations are an issue.
Her previous cookbook, More Great Good Dairy-Free Desserts Naturally (Book Publishing Company 2006) is the basis of the Costigan Vegan Baking Boot Camp Intensive®.
For more information, www.francostigan.com.
Tuesday, February 13th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- Do you prefer one type of non dairy milk over another?
- Are there brands of chocolate that you prefer to use?
- When it comes to your arrowroot or cornstarch slurry- do you have a preference?
- What makes cane sugar vegan vs regular?
- I don’t live near Whole Foods or natural food stores and I have trouble sourcing ingredients. Is there a mail order source that isn’t expensive or hit hard with shipping?
- What were your reasons to be vegan 30 years ago. I love your presentations every month...but am not familiar with your story.
- Are there any way to replace butter or vegan butter with oil?
- I tried to make flowers out of aquafaba. I whipped the aquafaba for 25 minutes until it was very stiff. After I added food coloring, it totally deflated into a soft mush. Any advice?
- Are there special pans and bite size cut out utensils that can be purchased? What online/brick and mortar stores sell them?
- What tips do you have for storing baking tools, pans and ingredients in a small kitchen with minimal storage space?
- What's a good subsitute for coconut, when trying to avoid/minimize saturated fat? I've used cashews, but find more and more patients allergic to them.
- For glutenfree baking, what is best flour substitute for cakes instead of wheat?
- How do you get baking paper in the mould properly? Or do you actually always really just cover the bottom and grease the rest?
- What exactly is the difference between portion size and serving size? I have been told there is a difference. Who and how is that determined?
- Which plant-based butter have you found to be best for browning, say for brown-butter chocolate chip tahini cookies?
- How do I make a crunchy and sweet cookie, without added sugar?
- What is the best plant based fat, used in baking to achieve fluffy pastry?