Char Nolan - Ask Me Anything (Office Hours)
Bring all of your questions for one of Rouxbe's Chef Instructors!
About this Event
Join Chef Char Nolan in her virtual office as she welcomes all of your questions. This event was created for you and we encourage you to ask anything – from cooking techniques to course-specific questions, to how to turn your cooking passion into profit or simply hearing the perspective of a professional chef, Chef Nolan is ready to answer them all.
About Char Nolan
Char Nolan is a serious crusader for plant-based education, armed with a degree in public health from Philadelphia’s Temple University. She teaches nutrition and plant-based cooking throughout Philadelphia, and in many underserved communities. Char holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from eCornell and completed Rouxbe’s Plant-Based Professional Certification course in 2015. In 2019, Char completed post-graduate course work in social media marketing at the University of the Arts. When she is not cooking or teaching, she manages social media accounts for several plant-based influencers.
Char prides herself on learning everything she knows about cooking from growing up in her grandparents’ Italian restaurant. Her favorite vegetables are Brussels sprouts and kale, of course. Char originally hails from Queens, NY, but has lived in Philadelphia most of her adult life. She is a former Peace Corps Volunteer.
Tuesday, July 26th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- What are the ratios to convert a vinaigrette to oil free. I know the normal ratio oil to vinegar is 3:1. What would be the equivalent for oil free?
- With regards to sweet potatoes, do you personally cook the leaves or maybe eat them raw?
- When did using oil in every dish start? Every cooking show I watch on tv has so much oil. I'm oil free now and love it. When will chefs on tv learn about this way to cook? Do you think oil free cooking will become mainstream?
- Please share some of your favorite dishes you’ve made recently :)
- Do you have a good recipe for rye bread?
- I love sweet potatoes but I’m still learning how to cook them. What is an easy way to bake or boil them?
- My interest is to eventually open a vegan eater in my home town. I wonder if you can share information that would help in creating a healthy business.
- I just had my protein levels checked in my blood after being plant based. They came back right in the middle of normal without any meat or protein supplements.
- What spices would you think about with common vegetables?
- Can a person obtain adequate protein and all necessary nutrients/vitamins from a vegan diet?
- How are vegetables sautéed or roasted without the use of oils or butter?
- Why is there such a prevalent celiac issue these days? Was it just not diagnosed in generations past? Or has food and human tolerances to food or even our increased love for processed foods and sugars the cause?
- Where is the recipe for the brussels sprouts assignment that you mentioned in your office hours a month ago. You referred to a white balsamic glaze that sounds delicious. I got one of those “Microplane cutters’”that you showed us
- What are good substitutes for oil when baking, sautéing and grilling?
- How can we cook healthy tasty food?
- Where does one start if they are unfamiliar with good quality olive oils. Any recommendations?