Char Nolan - Ask Me Anything (Office Hours)
Bring all of your questions for one of Rouxbe's Chef Instructors!
About this Event
Join Chef Char Nolan in her virtual office as she welcomes all of your questions. This event was created for you and we encourage you to ask anything – from cooking techniques to course-specific questions, to how to turn your cooking passion into profit or simply hearing the perspective of a professional chef, Chef Nolan is ready to answer them all.
About Char Nolan
Char Nolan is a serious crusader for plant-based education, armed with a degree in public health from Philadelphia’s Temple University. She teaches nutrition and plant-based cooking throughout Philadelphia, and in many underserved communities. Char holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from eCornell and completed Rouxbe’s Plant-Based Professional Certification course in 2015. In 2019, Char completed post-graduate course work in social media marketing at the University of the Arts. When she is not cooking or teaching, she manages social media accounts for several plant-based influencers.
Char prides herself on learning everything she knows about cooking from growing up in her grandparents’ Italian restaurant. Her favorite vegetables are Brussels sprouts and kale, of course. Char originally hails from Queens, NY, but has lived in Philadelphia most of her adult life. She is a former Peace Corps Volunteer.
Tuesday, September 19th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- Where do you see plant-based cooking/nutrition coaches being hired?
- Since you are plant-based, low fat also I think, what's your recommendation for nuts?
- What can I do if I have an assignment that uses oil, sugar or salt, and I don't consume them?
- How much protein is sufficient to maintain muscle mass in a female senior.
- When submitting our mise-en-place photos for assessment, should we also include ingredients we may use as side dishes, or just ingredients for the main dish being assessed?
- Can I advance through the lesson and when I get groceries, go back and do the cooking assignments?
- I am looking for a salad spinner, nutmeg grinder and vegetable spiralizer. Do you have any recommendations?
- I have a recipe that lists "chili flakes" as an ingredient. Is this the chili like you get in the packets when you order pizza?
- Can you share some advice on preparing and cooking tofu?
- I'm on the search for dried reishi mushrooms. Can you recommend some brands that I might order online?
- Any chef tips for avoiding messy fingers on handles, knobs,etc?
- I am FODMAP, and I need to have vegan meat that is under four fat grams. Can you offer any insight?
- Chef Char, can you share your WFPB story?
- I'm struggling with cooking without any oil especially sweet potato fries. Can you give us some tricks?
- What steps would you suggest to get my name known in my community along with social media platform in order to reach a bigger audience?
- What vegetables have the best nutritional value eaten raw and which ones are best cooked?
- What are your thoughts on using prunes to replace dates in some confections?