Fran Costigan - Equipping the Pastry Kitchen
What do you really need versus what’s nice to have.
About this Event
Not sure about the right tools to have in your kitchen? Spatula-Curious?
Join Chef Fran Costigan as she discusses and shows you her must haves and her like to haves.
Bring your questions, and your appetite!
About Fran Costigan
Fran Costigan is internationally renowned as the authority on vegan desserts. Trained at the New York Restaurant School and Natural Gourmet Institute, Fran was a chef in both traditional and vegan pastry kitchens before moving into teaching over 20 years ago. A lifelong chocoholic and long time vegan, Fran’s latest book, Vegan Chocolate: Unapologetically Luscious and Decadent Dairy Free Desserts, (Running Press 2013) is for all who madly, deeply love chocolate desserts, whether or not dietary considerations are an issue.
Her previous cookbook, More Great Good Dairy-Free Desserts Naturally (Book Publishing Company 2006) is the basis of the Costigan Vegan Baking Boot Camp Intensive®.
For more information, www.francostigan.com.
Wednesday, August 17th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- I have those perforated rings too, but am not sure when to use them?
- Can you talk about expensive blenders vs cheap ones?
- Do you adjust the temperature and time when using your counter-top oven?
- Is there a temperature at which batter is done, where a digital thermometer would aid me?
- Do you have a preferred brand of bakeware for cake pans?
- How do I get consistent edges when decorating a cake ?
- Any suggestions for cookbooks or references with the no oil, vegan way?
- I love using preserved lemon in vegetarian stews. How might I use it in a dessert?
- I'd like a healthy go to fruit based cake or cobbler, like "nice cream" is. What's your favorite guilt-free approach?
- What is your favorite piece of equipment in your pantry? Are you a gadget person? If so, what is your favorite gadget?
- I love the elongated measuring spoons you recommended, the powdered sugar duster AND the Nordic Ware Bundt pans to name a few.
- What is your favorite flavor of “nice cream”?
- What is your preferred method of grinding whole spices?
- Do you think it's ok to use a commercial product like Flora butter for a Vegan cookie class I'm teaching?
- What is your go to spatula? Silicon, wood, something else?
- I have my eye on a re-furbished Robot Coupe (2.5 liters). Thoughts?
- I keep saying to myself that not another piece of equipment is passing through my doorway, but I have dreams of an air fryer! Is it worth giving up counter space?
- With so many “machines” like Yonanas , Ninja Nice Cream Maker—what do you recommend for nice creams? What do you use?