Char Nolan - Ask Me Anything (Office Half Hour)
Bring all of your questions for one of Rouxbe's Chef Instructors!
About this Event
Join Chef Char Nolan in her virtual office as she welcomes all of your questions. This event was created for you and we encourage you to ask anything – from cooking techniques to course-specific questions, to how to turn your cooking passion into profit or simply hearing the perspective of a professional chef, Chef Nolan is ready to answer them all.
About Char Nolan
Char Nolan is a serious crusader for plant-based education, armed with a degree in public health from Philadelphia’s Temple University. She teaches nutrition and plant-based cooking throughout Philadelphia, and in many underserved communities. Char holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from eCornell and completed Rouxbe’s Plant-Based Professional Certification course in 2015. In 2019, Char completed post-graduate course work in social media marketing at the University of the Arts. When she is not cooking or teaching, she manages social media accounts for several plant-based influencers.
Char prides herself on learning everything she knows about cooking from growing up in her grandparents’ Italian restaurant. Her favorite vegetables are Brussels sprouts and kale, of course. Char originally hails from Queens, NY, but has lived in Philadelphia most of her adult life. She is a former Peace Corps Volunteer.
Tuesday, July 11th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- What is the best way to store garlic?
- Why is it not recommended to freeze chanterelles raw (chopped)?
- Tell us more about the Charlie Cart!
- I saw the suggestion to make a double batch of the cashew béchamel and freeze it for a subsequent activity. The veg manicotti uses the béchamel; the activity requires photos of the mise and the finished sauce. Can I re-use the photos?
- Are chanterells safe to freeze? If yes, in what form and for how long?
- I've tried to reduce red wine sauce and failed. It just evaporates without significant thickening. I've reduced 1.5l to less then 0.5l but no thickness. Is the wine the problem, temperature or something else?
- I like to do curries. We don’t like to eat or use coconut milk or cream. What would you suggest?
- When grilling beets, do you peel first or after?
- What's your favourite post ride meal or snack? One that is fast to make and refreshing
- Do you clean mushrooms before storing or right before using?
- I watched the program, "The Bear." How realistic are the intense kitchen scenes?
- What are your favorite hot weather lunch and dinner menus?
- Is it better to grill corn on cob with husk on or husk off? Which provides more flavour?
- What do you like to eat on sweltering days?
- Is there a good substitute for corn syrup in pecan pie? I try to use as many organic and 'healthier' ingredients as possible without changing taste and consistency.
- Can you use any kind of salt when fermenting? Like Kosher salt or regular salt?