Fran Costigan - Desserts With a Difference
About this Event
Excited for some fresh summer dessert ideas? Join chef Fran Costigan for this exploration of some amazing treats, using fresh and dried herbs to infuse your summer desserts with flavor, interest, and a dash of health.
Bring your questions, and your appetite!
About Fran Costigan
Fran Costigan is internationally renowned as the authority on vegan desserts. Trained at the New York Restaurant School and Natural Gourmet Institute, Fran was a chef in both traditional and vegan pastry kitchens before moving into teaching over 20 years ago. A lifelong chocoholic and long time vegan, Fran’s latest book, Vegan Chocolate: Unapologetically Luscious and Decadent Dairy Free Desserts, (Running Press 2013) is for all who madly, deeply love chocolate desserts, whether or not dietary considerations are an issue.
Her previous cookbook, More Great Good Dairy-Free Desserts Naturally (Book Publishing Company 2006) is the basis of the Costigan Vegan Baking Boot Camp Intensive®.
For more information, www.francostigan.com.
Wednesday, July 20th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- I just wanted to ask about dill with fruit?
- I don't use organic cane sugar, but I bought some at trader joes and it smells off (I've never bought cane sugar before so I don't know what it should smell like). I made your vanilla cake and it tasted like how the sugar smelled. Has this happened to you
- Will you be having your course again in the fall?
- Can you suggest egg substitutes for desserts?
- I’m serving whipped Flora cream with a tart at a catering event. Have you heard anything about how to stabilize that brand of cream so it can be whipped in advance?
- Are there guidelines or resources for what herbs to use with certain foods?
- Hello Fran, what do you think about Erythritol?
- Suggestions for an abundance of fresh dill?
- I have yet to figure out how to thicken a plant-based yogurt for a creamy consistency that's not gooey or clumpy. We just bought a plant milk machine too so I'm raring to make some good yogurt! Do you have any tips?
- Help! How do I replace the sugar, oil, AND eggs in my favorite banana bread recipe?
- I’m wondering if you have any suggestions for raw crusts which I always freeze to congeal.
- I don't use oil or sugar. I also know your recipes are very precise. Is it possible to substitute, and will they come out similar? What would you suggest as a substitute for oil?
- Is it possible to fry or bake plantains without oil or sugar and have them taste as sweet and moist as with oil or sugar?
- I enjoy making “ice cream” with frozen banana and other frozen fruits. I usually add some almond/soy milk and vanilla extract. Is there a recipe that I can make in advance that is scoopable?